If you really want to get rid of acne, try this.
The first thought that comes to everyone’s mind after hearing the word “honey”, is a healthy sweetener. However, honey is used for multiple purposes and you’ll be surprised to know just how beneficial this miracle ingredient can be. If you want to get rid of acne, continue reading!
Honey is made naturally by honey bees when they collect pollen, nectar and resins from blooming flowers. This is the source of all the anti-oxidants, nutrients and healing elements. For decades now, honey has been known for its amazing properties regarding benefits to the skin and hair. It is especially well-known for skin hydration and skin repair. You can take it orally or apply it directly to your skin for quicker, more effective results. Honey has amazing properties including anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic and antioxidants.
Honey is a one-stop solution for everyone whether you are looking for a gentle moisturising cleanse or something more effective and intense.
To truly ensure you receive all of the benefits of honey, look for:
- Raw/Unpasteurised. When pasteurised it degrades the enzymes, minerals and vitamins).
- Cold-extracted, heat destroys most of the honey’s enzymes, probiotics and vitamins.
- Not ultra-filtered, otherwise most of the pollen and its benefits will be removed.
- Not a blend of different honeys from different countries (which almost all supermarket honey is, even when it is organic).
- Cleaning Pores: honey can open up all your pores on the face and cleanses them gently by its sticky texture. If your pores are clogged badly, applying honey prior to removing the dirt will help make extraction easier.
- Anti-Aging Properties: because honey has a concentrated amount of anti-oxidants in its ingredients, it slows down the process of ageing and can help decrease and reduce the signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Complexion Booster: As mentioned before, honey is a highly effective moisturiser. By applying honey, you not only moisturise your skin but the honey also helps retain the existing moisture in your skin to prevent it from drying out later. So basically, honey has a much more lasting hydrating effect on your skin.
- Fighting Acne: many will be super excited to read this point. Finally, a natural way of treating those annoying pimples and redness. And they have definitely just come across probably the most effective natural remedy to get decrease their acne problem. Honey has all the properties needed to finish off pimples including antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial. And the best part is that there are no side effects for using honey as an acne treatment.
You might think that it would be super sticky…it is definitely not.
- Be sure to tie your hair back!
- Wet your face with a warm wash cloth. Or if you prefer mix a tiny bit of warm water with the cleanser.
- Take about ½ teaspoon of the cleanser and gently rub it all over the face. It is quite generous and easy to spread if your face is damp.
- Leave the cleanser for at least 20 minutes – perhaps brush your teeth or do a few chores.
- Use a wet, warm washcloth to wipe away the cleanser. Rinse the washcloth a couple of times and continue to wipe my face until all of the cleanser is gone.
- Follow with a toner, serum and face oil.
Use Baimeni’s honey cleanser and mask three times a week for 20 minutes AND (very important) use it as a moisturiser. This means getting mixing a little bit of the honey and a little warm so that it is very thin and easy to spread a very very very light layer on the face such that when it is dry it is not sticky. Try this either morning or night and leave on, do not wash away. If you do not feel comfortable, try it as a spot treatment and leave it overnight. Again as a thin layer so it is not sticky.
Give this a go and let us know what you think.
Honey can work wonders for your skin. It is also one of the most common ingredients found in all the health care and skin care products – and for good reason.
Baimeni’s Nourishing Honey Face Cleanser and mask has all the goodness of honey in it and is the perfect addition to your skin care routine.