Wash your face with honey!
Oh honey, how wonderful. Glorious glorious honey. I have been washing with honey for 5 months now and I am loving the results. My skin is as soft as a baby’s bum. Baimeni’s Nourishing Honey Cleanser sources it honey from an independent, small Australian Beekeeper located in Central Victoria (Australia) to ensure that the honey is raw/unprocessed, cold extracted, unfiltered and unblended with all of its goodness intact. Seriously! Keep reading to learn why you should wash your face with honey.
What are the benefits of using honey to wash your face?
- It is antibacterial and antimicrobial. Raw honey contains hydrogen peroxide, which is released when it comes into contact with moisture. Hydrogen peroxide is both antibacterial and fungicidal. Honey was originally used for therapeutic purposes, as it has antibacterial properties, but was replaced by antibiotics, such as penicillin and synthetic drugs in the 1940s and 1950s.
- That means any of that yuck that might think about sinking into your pore to create pimples will be washed away. And it’s healing and helps repair acneic sores and scars.
- It is a natural humectant. That means it is attracted to water/moisture. So if you have oily skin then it will help soak up the excess oil. If you have dry skin, then you need to make sure you definitely moisturise, great for anti-aging.
- It’s incredibly moisturising. Yes I know what I just wrote in point 2! But what this means is because it is a humectant and is attracted to moisture, it will soak up your moisturiser and sink it into your skin.
- It’s full of beneficial enzymes – alpha hydroxyl – that helps to naturally exfoliate skin. Great complexion booster!
- It’s suitable for ALL skin types.
Remember gals, to receive all of these benefits, then most honey’s just won’t do! Many commercially sold honey in supermarkets or organic shops are heated, pasteurised and/or filtered. This honey then is stripped of pollens, enzymes and nutrients making it little better than corn syrup. Additionally, “raw” honey may not be pasteurized, but honey that is labeled “raw” can still be heated.
So to truly ensure you receive all of the benefits of honey, look for:
- Raw/Unpasteurised. When pasteurised it degrades the enzymes, minerals and vitamins).
- Cold-extracted, heat destroys most of the honey’s enzymes, probiotics and vitamins.
- Not ultra-filtered, otherwise most of the pollen and its benefits will be removed.
- Not a blend of different honeys from different countries (which almost all supermarket honey is, even when it is organic).
You might think that it would be super sticky…it’s definitely not. I wash with honey in the morning and in the evenings (but if I wear make-up then I mix a little bit of Baimeni’s Clarifying Sweet Almond Oil Cleanser with the Nourishing Honey Cleanser to truly remove all the make-up, dirt and grime).
- Be sure to tie your hair back!
- Wet face with a warm wash cloth. Or if you prefer mix a tiny bit of warm water with the cleanser.
- Take about ½ teaspoon of the cleanser and gently rub it all over the face. It’s quite generous and easy to spread if your face is damp.
- I try to leave the cleanser on as long as possible. So I might just brush my teeth or do a few chores.
- Then I use a wet, warm washcloth to wipe away the cleanser. I rinse my washcloth a couple of times and continue to wipe my face until all of the cleanser is gone. If I use the oil, then I allow the warm wet washcloth to sit on my face for 10 seconds before wiping away.
- With my skin still damp, I use apply Baimeni’s Illuminating Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera Toner with cotton wool.
- Once the Toner is dry, I apply Baimeni’s Hydrating Eye & Face Serum with Hyaluronic Acid followed by Baimeni’s 100% Natural Face Oil.
- Also very importantly, I always apply sunscreen in the mornings. Sun damage is the number reason for premature aging!
- Turn it into an exfoliant, but adding a small amount of baking soda.
Use it as a spot treatment to zap away pimples. Simply dab a tiny amount onto your blemish.
- Enjoy a luxurious honey mask but leaving the Cleanser on for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix it with Baimeni’s Clarifying Sweet Almond Oil to create a nourishing evening cleanser to remove make-up.