"I have been doing some reading about the extreme benefits of active ingredients for the skin, in particularly vitamin A. Apparently Vitamin A is a popular choice with dermatologists these days. Do you think there would be room in the baimeni range for something with Vitamin A?"
-Jessica, a mother of two who faces sleep deprivation.
(Read our natural skincare prescription for sleep derivation here)
Vitamin A is having a skincare moment
...and we can see why! Vitamin A helps to keep skin healthy, firm and radiant. Topical Vitamin A (or you may have heard it being referred to as retinol in over the counter products) can help to stimulate skin cell production helping to smooth wrinkles, even skin tone, clear up acne. However it is common that it is irritating to sensitive skin. Vitamin A creams tend to cause redness, sensitivity and dry, flaky skin until you become acclimated.
Most of our Vitamins are absorbed through what we eat. Eggs and dairy products are excellent sources of vitamin A, while orange and green leafy veggies like sweet potatoes, carrots, cantaloupe and spinach are loaded with beta-carotene which your body will use to make the A it needs. For myself and baimeni, I am encouraged by ensuring our products have a fine balance of vitamins, including Vitamin A which come naturally through the essential oils. Additionally, the oils and moisturisers are mixed with other beneficial vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that help to further nourish the skin.
Products rich in oils that contain Vitamin A:
- Camellia Essential Oil: Camellia oil is high in oleic acid (oleic up to 80 % and linoleic acid 9 %) and rich in Vitamins A, B, and E. Found in our awesome little tin of Superbalm. Perfect for anywhere you want to add an extra layer of moisture & nutrients.
- Apricot Kernel Oil: Rich in essential fatty acids like oleic and linoleic acid, apricot kernel oil is high in vitamin A. Since it easily penetrates the skin, it is a good oil for prematurely aged, dry or irritated skin. The excellent softening and moisturising properties are great for face, hands and hair. You can get an amazing dose of Vitamin A from Apricot Kernel Oil from our 9 Nourishing Face Oil which skins deep into the skin when used as a moisturiser.
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil: Also found in our 9 Nourishing Face Oil rich in carotenoids that are powerful antioxidants which get rid of the free radicals that cause premature aging. The oil is rich in Vitamin A and E that provides protection to your skin from oxidative damages. Furthermore, the oil has great tightening and toning skin agent that tighten up your skin and make the pores smaller. Carrot seed oil is great for soothing the sunburnt skin because it has healing properties that will restore the damaged skin cells. It contains over 600 carotenoids, Vitamin E, and tocopheryl that provides you protection from the dangerous rays of the sun. This is a natural and organic sunscreen that will prevent damages to your skin and heal sunburn.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Rich in Vitamin C, it is known for it’s anti-aging properties. This nutrient is great for creating collagen for providing flexibility and elasticity of your skin. It has high amounts of Vitamin A that is good for decreasing the fine lines and wrinkles. You can find this essential oil in the Aloe Vera & Citrus Cleanser, 9 Nourishing Face Oil, Restorative Organic Face Cream, Superbalm and Organic Mint Lip Balm.
- Aloe Vera: Has been used in beauty products because it has 18 amino acids and Vitamins A, B, C, and E. The Aloe Vera gel contains a carbohydrate known as acemannan. This enables the nutrients to reach your skin cells, nourish your skin and remove all the toxins. The Aloe Vera extract treats your cells on the epithelial level of the skin that is why it offers extensive benefits for your skin. You can find it in Aloe Vera & Citrus Cleanser, Apple Cider Vinegar & Aloe Vera Toner, Skin Plumping Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Eyes & Face, Restorative Organic Face Cream, and the Hydrating Organic Botanical Body Lotion.
- Avocado Oil: When used for the skin, Avocado Oil (Persea Americana) is cold pressed naturally it contains vitamins A, B1, B2, D, E, and Beta carotene; it is classified as a monosaturated oil. You can find it in baimeni's Restorative Organic Face Cream and the Hydrating Organic Botanical Body Lotion
- Beeswax: One of the top benefits of using beeswax is that it can make your skin soft. It is an emollient and humectant that provides moisture to your skin and lock it in. Beeswax is rich in Vitamin A that is good for hydrating, softening and improving cell generation. Thats why we recommend the Superbalm and Organic Mint Lip Balm.
This is literally when your skin produces new skin cells which travel from the lowest layer of the epidermis to the top layer shedding the old skin cells...sounds great doesn't it. Using baimeni's Apple Cider Vinegar & Aloe Vera Toner can help to do this naturally. The toner is a nutrient-rich formula that helps to minimise pores and prep the skin for adding moisture after cleansing. Powerful alpha hydroxy acids may help to revive and rejuvenate tired looking skin by balancing pH levels. And our natural toner can help to address age spots and acne, reduce skin redness, tighten and minimise pores, replenish moisture essential for healthy skin and improve overall skin health. It will work to illuminate and tone the skin while its awakening scent will stimulate your senses. Our toner contains unpasteurised and unfiltered apple cider vinegar which still has the active “Mother” intact. Apples naturally have flavonoids, carotenoids, and phytochemicals including quercetin, catechin, phlorizin, and chlorogenic acid. All of which are strong antioxidants. In the fermentation process, the sugar from apples turns into alpha hydroxyl acids, which are the main acne fighting components in this natural elixir. Alpha hydroxyl acid acts to balance the skin's natural acidity (pH), increase cellular turnover with natural lactic and malic acid (by breaking down old skin cells), reduce oil and get rid of bacteria. Fortified with natural, active ingredients and vitamin B1, B2, B6, and C, baimeni's toner is a naturally effective anti-aging skin booster and is ready to revive your skin.
So if you were thinking of investing in a new fad product because you have heard Vitamin A is the new skin super ingredient chances are when you have been using baimeni you have already been doing it! If not you can guarantee there is plenty in our organic skincare range that you can choose from. I will most certainly continue to create products with the vitamins in mind to ensure that they are well balanced and effective.
Do you have a question?
I love questions. I am more than happy to answer any questions at anytime. If in our blog we haven't addressed your concern simply go to our website and click on "contact us". We'll be sure to reply as quick as we can. We love chatting about skincare because chances are if you are wondering about something maybe others are too! If you haven't yet please join our baimeni community where we love to share all things natural skincare.
I love hearing from you.