We know honey can be good to soothe a sore throat, but it can also be a great facial cleanser. We take a look at the benefits a honey face mask can bring to your natural skin care routine.
benefits of raw honey on your face
Raw honey also is known as unpasteurised honey provides many benefits for your skin. The key reason for this is honey’s antibacterial and microbial properties. It is full of amino acids, vitamin-B, minerals, enzymes, and antioxidants. And it’s an ingredient that has been used since 50 A.D for its healing properties.
what does honey do for your face?
Honey has a low pH balance, which is ideal for those with acne prone skin. Unlike other ingredients, honey is natural and non-stripping. This means it helps to balance your natural skin type.
For those with oily or combination skin: Honey can act as an antibacterial agent on your skin. This helps to wash away dirt and bacteria which can live on your skin and pores, often resulting in acne or pimples. The ingredient is also attracted to moisture, which means it will help to soak up any excess oil on your face.
For those with dry or sensitive skin: Honey can be a gentle cleanser. It is better to use compared to synthetic facial cleansers which can cause further damage to your skin with harsher preservatives or chemicals.
Overall, raw honey contains a number of natural benefits which are ideal for all skin types. It is a wonderful way to add further moisture to your skin.
what to look out for in a honey face mask?
If you are searching for a new cleanser, don’t go past honey. Here are a few important things to check before purchasing a honey face mask:
- Buy only raw or unpasteurised: This ensures you don’t miss out on all the vitamins and enzymes that honey can bring.
- Cold-extracted: Ensure that the product is kept cold. Heat can destroy honey’s probiotic, vitamins and enzyme benefits.
- Avoid ultra-filtered: You want more pollen to get the most from your raw honey.
- Stay clear of blended formulas: Majority of supermarket brands are mixed with other ingredients, even those that are organic!
Our baimeni honey face mask meets the above criteria and is 100% natural, cruelty free and effective.
how to wash your face with honey?
Follow these four simple steps to get the most from your honey face mask and facial cleanser.
- Wet face with a warm wash cloth.
- Take about half a teaspoon of the cleanser and gently rub it all over face. It will spread across the face, so you won’t need more than this.
- Leave the cleanser on for about 5-10 minutes (longer the better).
- Then apply a wet, warm washcloth to wipe away the cleanser. Continue to wipe until all of the cleanser is gone.
extra steps to add to your skincare routine
- Whilst your skin is still damp, you can apply a toner like the baimeni Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera Toner.
Don’t forget to also apply sunscreen in the day to protect your skin from sun damage and further aging.
other ways you can use your honey cleanser
Your honey face mask and facial cleanser can also be turned into other applications for your natural skincare regime.
Turn it into a facial exfoliant: Simply add raw honey face mask to our Silky Soft exfoliant for added benefit.
Use it as a spot treatment: Mix a little honey with water so that it becomes a very thin layer and apply it all over face twice a day as your "moisturiser". This will not only help to control the oil, but your skin will reap the benefits of honey's natuantibacterialrial properties all day and night long, helping rid face of acne.
Make it a makeup remover: Add our Sweet Almond Oil to create a nourishing evening cleanser and help remove excess makeup from your skin.